|Location|| ||201 W Washington Ave|
Madison, WI 53703
|Employee Type|| ||Full Time|
|Job Category|| ||Technology and Information Systems|
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing first response/call resolution to WEDC employees, partners and customers in the use WEDC technology solutions. The IT Support Technician receives and responds to staff inquiries and requests for technical assistance, provides possible solutions, and escalates cases to other IT staff where appropriate. The position manages equipment inventory, end-point configuration, imaging and deployment; software installation, packaging and deployment; Mobile Device Management platform, and licensing compliance.
The IT Support Technician will spend a majority of his/her time in these activities:
• Provide primary response/call resolution to WEDC employees, partners and customers in the use of WEDC technology solutions. Use proper judgement to escalate issues. Close issues in a timely manner with proper documentation.
• Configure user adds/changes/deletion in Active Directory, Unified Communications and Cloud Systems.
• Conduct new employee onboarding and training sessions on the use of the WEDC technologies and information security.
• Train and support employees in the use of multifunction devices (copiers) and associated systems. Manage print server.
• Act as the first point of contact to respond to operational requests and troubleshoot issues, working with diverse user groups.
• Assist in developing and maintaining documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, and help related materials.
• Manage the WEDC IT Resource check-out pool.
• Support employees in their use of WEDC Unified Communication Systems.
• Maintain and deploy images for desktops, laptops and tablets in accordance with established WEDC procedures.
• Maintain end-point security, including regular patching, maintenance of anti-malware software, and incident response.
• Manage mobile device management systems using established WEDC IT solutions. Manage security standards, software deployment, device enrollment and deactivation.
• Ensure software licensing compliance by documenting and tracking license purchases and installations. Provide reports on compliance for audit purposes.
Other IT Functions:
• Develop and implement IT tools that support WEDC goals.
• Assist in network and server management as directed by the Systems Architect.
• Document IT standards, configurations and procedures as required.
• Contact and work with vendors in a courteous and friendly manner to resolve issues and problems as they occur.
• Follow policies, procedures and standards to ensure system reliability and accessibility.
• Identify, research, test, and implement improvements for new, emerging, and/or upgraded software and hardware. Understand and resolve integration issues.
• Provide regular and periodic reports on the status of projects, tasks and activities.
• Share technical skills and knowledge with other staff.
• Provide technical support for the WEDC Board of Director’s meetings.
• Maintain a program of professional development through appropriate training courses, selected reading, user groups, professional groups, conferences and seminars.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field or combination of equivalent experience/education.
• Minimum of two years of information systems experience in a corporate environment.
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Desktops and/or Applications preferred.
Skills and Talents:
• Troubleshooting and configuration of Windows 7/8/10 Enterprise.
• Workstation Imaging Tools.
• Software packaging and remote installation techniques.
• Troubleshooting and configuration of Office 365 and Outlook, Skype for Business, Excel, Word, PowerPoint 2013, and Salesforce.com.
• Operation and troubleshooting of Android and iOS operating systems in a business environment.
• Active Directory and Group Policy 2008/2012 configuration.
• Familiarity with ITIL service management standards and documentation.
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to independently set priorities and handle multiple tasks at once.
• Strong problem solving skills, sound reasoning, independent judgment and initiative to accomplish tasks with little direction and to solve issues/accomplish tasks not requiring the involvement of others.
• Knowledge of research and development analysis techniques.
• Based on the responsibilities of this position, this position may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.